Founded in 1956, LATICRETE holds onto its roots in Connecticut where the company’s headquarters are located. The ethics and values of LATICRETE and Dr. Rothberg remain prevalent throughout the company to this day. Dr. Rothberg’s sons, David and Henry, continue to lead the company into new and exciting directions. In fact, the company now also has third generation family members involved, making it a truly family company.
The original products invented by Dr. Rothberg are called LATICRETE 4237 Latex Admixture and LATICRETE 211 Crete Filler, both still offered in the LATICRETE product range to this day and popular in certain parts of the world.
Since its founding, LATICRETE has introduced many groundbreaking innovations to the industry, including:
- the first latex thin-set adhesive,
- the first load-bearing acoustic underlayment system,
- the first cement based epoxy resin,
- the first liquid-applied waterproofing membrane,
- the first 100% solids epoxy resin grout and industrial strength epoxy grout,
- the first industry website,
- the first toll free technical services support and live chat,
- the first industry achievement of low-VOC GREENGUARD certification, and
- the first manufacturer in the industry to achieve ISO-9001 accreditation.
Innovation is what drives us. LATICRETE believes whole-heartedly in investments in new technology, new markets and most importantly, in people. Get to know LATICRETE, our people, our values and our 60+ years of innovative products.
The 60+ year history of LATICRETE® is shaped by numerous industry firsts. Among our many pioneering achievements are:
- The creation of latex thin-set adhesives
- The creation of thin, load-bearing waterproofing membranes
- The development of sound & anti-fracture one step adhesive mortars
- Industry's first certification to ISO 9001
- Industry’s first website, toll free technical services support and live chat
- Achievement of low-VOC GREENGUARD certification and GREENGUARD certified products
- Establishment of LATICRETE® SUPERCAP® - a patented mobile pump truck delivery system providing innovative products to deliver perfectly flat, dry floors
Innovation is what drives LATICRETE®. With over 60 years of setting industry standards, LATICRETE is the name architects, designers and professional installers know and rely on.
Build better. Grow stronger. TOGETHER WE FOCUS ON WHAT’S IMPORTANT.
- Family – The core of our business and yours
- Trust – Creating relationships that bind
- Specifications – Securing business for you
- Community – Improving the places we live and work
- Innovation – The fuel that helps your company grow
- Sales Support – A solid network to help your business grow
- Technical Services – Putting our expertise to work for you
- Sustainability – What’s good for the environment is good for business
In this video you’ll learn how together we can build better businesses and improve the communities where we work and live.
Founded in 1956, LATICRETE holds onto its roots in Connecticut where the company’s headquarters is located. In 2017, LATICRETE was named one of Connecticut’s top family owned businesses by the Hartford Business Journal. Watch the interview with 2nd generation LATICRETE, Henry Rothberg and 3rd generation, Samantha Rothberg, discuss how our founder, Dr. Henry M. Rothberg's vision has inspired us for over 60 years.