The LATICRETE e-Learning Program
We know that traveling and leaving your business behind to attend training is not always possible, so we make it easy with our free online training. Our LATICRETE University e-learning program makes it possible for anyone within the industry to train on industry standards and Profit Through Knowledge (PTK) Technical Seminars from the comfort of your home or office 24/7. Now anyone in your company can receive the quality information that was only once possible during live trainings without leaving your job for an extended period of time.
LATICRETE University presents vital industry and product information in short, easy online tutorials that can be taken at any time online, 24/7. You can learn about new products and industry standards right away without the delay of waiting for a scheduled event or for a representative to visit your location.
Here's how it works:
- Sign up for free
- Watch short video tutorials on a variety of different topics
- Take a short test that will measure your knowledge and retention
- Upon the successful completion of a segment, you print a certificate or have it emailed to you for your employee training records.
LATICRETE 101 Series - This series is aimed for tile and stone professionals who have recently joined the industry and may find themselves overwhelmed with the vast array of materials and installation methods. They'll obtain basic industry knowledge in short, easy, online tutorials.
- Tile 101 Basics and the Physical Properties of Tile - Popular tiles used today and general installation methods.
- Sealers 101 - Various sealers available and how each perform best to prevent damage.
- Self Leveling Underlayment (SLU) Basics - Purpose of self-leveling underlayments, including substrate preparation, priming and pouring.
- Surface Preparation Material and Basics - Differences between various surface preparation compounds, skim coats and mortar beds and how best to use.
- The Basics of Tile and Stone Substrates - What defines a substrate and standard requirements in a tile and stone installation.
- Understanding Movement Joints in Tile Systems 101 - Why movement joints are required and complying with construction standards.
- Tile Adhesives 101 - Different categories and best uses of tile and stone adhesives.
- Understanding Membranes 101 - Purpose of membranes function and how they are used on a tile and stone installation.
- Grout Basics 101 - What is grout and the different types, along with basic installation methods.
- Resinous Flooring 101 - Understanding attractive, thin coatings and determining the right solution for your application based on chemical differences.
- Understanding Deflection for Tile and Stone - Define what deflection is, how it can be measured and what the industry standards are for deflection under tile and stone.